Monte Rosa Boarding School - Summer Swiss holiday courses
Summer Swiss holiday courses
From 6 to 19 years
At Institut Monte Rosa, even the holidays involve the joy of learning: A special and very popular feature offered by our school are its summer and winter Swiss holidays,"an international lifestyle experience" where students can learn to live with girls and boys from other nations through sports, outdoor activities and language training (French, German or English).
A great variety of programs allows students to obtain self-assurance and to understand and appreciate each other. In the morning, students may choose one or two languages and are placed in the various classes according to their previous knowledge. Afternoons are set aside for active leisure, cultural events and a variety of sports activities.
DATE OF COURSE: From June 19th to August 21st 2013
FEES: CHF 1'900.- per week + one refundable deposit of CHF 500.- for the entire stay
MINIMUM STAY: 2 weeks / Arrival and departure every Wednesday
COURSES: French, German or English as a foreign language.
Students are placed in classes according to their level.
Teaching boys and girls of different nationalities to live side by side in a spirit of democracy, through sports, open air activities and language courses: that is the main aim of our holiday camps.
Thanks to our varied programs, pupils gain confidence in their own resources and learn to value each other. They quickly develop a healthy approach to life.
At Monte Rosa each day is an unforgettable experience.
• French-German-English as a foreign language
• Other subjects on request
• Private classes
Students are encouraged to complete a project in the form of an illustrated composition, before the end of their stay, in order to qualify for a certificate.
NEW this year !
The parents of our students will have the possibility to register for one-to-one English courses.
The price of one private lesson is CHF 120.- (45 minutes).
We recommend a minimum of 5 lessons per week to get good results.
The lessons can be organized either in the morning or in the afternoon (from Monday to Friday).
For organizational reasons, the timetable must be scheduled prior to arrival.
Example of one day at Monte Rosa
Friday, July 2nd 2010 - Daily program
|08:30 - 10:05||Classes|
|10:05||Break, sign up for the program in the activity room|
followed by room control and supervision
|13.00 - 13:30||Conversation class|
13:30 Meet in the garden for the following activities:
• 1st GROUP: visit the Château de Chillon
• 2nd GROUP: waterskiing & wakeboard
• 3rd GROUP: swimming pool
• 4th GROUP: departure at 12:45 for rafting in Rougemont (bring your swimming suit, a towel and warm clothes
19:15 Sport competition: football - minigolf or various activities in the garden: arts & crafts. The snack bar Monte Rosa will be open. Tennis lessons
22:00 Lights out for all student
Each day, pupils may take part in one of the three to five different activities on offer on the daily program, including excursions and cultural visits to cities and places of interest.Two - day tours: Top of Europe Tour and Swiss Tour!
football, volleyball, tennis, athletics, fitness training, minigolf, archery, waterskiing, sailing, windsurfing, basketball, badminton, mountain biking, horseback riding, jogging, big banana, rafting, concerts, artistic productions, ballets, cookery courses, visits to museums and art galleries, arts and crafts, parties, disco evenings, films, etc.
INCLUSIVE PRICE PER WEEK CHF 1'900.-
• Classes: French, German or English as a foreign language. The chosen language lessons take place on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings. Students are interviewed and then placed in a class suited to their level
• 22 periods of teaching, including conversation classes. On request, students may study one other language of their choice
• Board, including breakfast buffet, lunch and dinner
• Accommodation in double or triple rooms according to availibility
• Text book and exercise books, including scholastic and academic help
• Residence taxes
• Excursions, social and sporting activities, use of swimming pool and tennis court, mountain biking, barbecue and a wide range of competitions with prizes, in accordance with Summer course program.
Excursions and activities are organized and supervised by our staff.
The overall charge does not include:
• Obligatory accident and health insurance, medical and dental care, private tutoring, pocket money and other personal expenses
• Airport transfers, horseback riding, waterskiing, tennis lessons, etc. on request
• Single room, according to availability
A deposit of CHF 500.- is required at the time of application. Payment of fees must be settled before commencement of courses, or before for students needing confirmation of full payment for visa purposes.
Please contact us for any questions and inquiries you might have: