Ecole Nouvelle / International Boarding School of Lausanne - Primary School
At this level, teaching is highly personalised and parents receive a detailed progress report every two months. Foreign-language learning intensifies: from 1st grade, English is taught four times per week. In fact, as German is the second national langage for French speakers, the students begin to learn German in 4th grade. In addition, children are exposed to new technologies from 1st grade through the use of multimedia tools during lessons. Keeping with the philosophy of the school, which encourages each child’s artistic and physical development, the Extended Day Programme offers numerous activities during both the lunchtime break and after school.
Children are admitted to the appropriate grade after an interview with school administrators and teachers.
In the spirit of discovery, our primary school accompanies children in the exploration of speaking and listening, reading, writing, and arithmetic.
• personalised teaching
• English from 1st grade – optional Cambridge English
Young Learners Exam
• introduction to German in 4th grade
• bi-monthly assessment
• use of multimedia in lessons
• artistic and athletic activities
• fundamental physical education (coordination, rhythm, cooperation, etc.)
- Daily lessons of English from Year 1
- Introduction of German from Year 4
- Personalised guidance and bi-monthly assessments
- Extended Day activities during lunch break and optional after school
- Child care provided before school
- Use of computers and multimedia tools
Please contact us for any questions and inquiries you might have: