Ecole Nouvelle / International Boarding School of Lausanne - Middle School
After school study in small, teacher-led groups and sports activities are offered daily. Extra-scholastic competitions take place regularly. The sports teachers ensure that this important part of a child’s development takes place in the best conditions possible, whether as part of the academic programme or as an extra-curricular activity.
Every three weeks parents receive a progress report with grades (on a scale of 1-10) and observations. Regular contact is maintained between teachers, parents and the school.
Students are admitted to the appropriate grade based on transcripts, tests to determine their level in French and Maths, and an interview with school administrators and teachers.
To facilitate the transition from childhood to adolescence by providing the best academic conditions and attentive, personalised teaching.
• solid foundation of knowledge
• English taught by native English speakers
• one core subject taught in English
• continued study of German
• Latin from 7th grade
• Greek (optional) from 8th grade
• small directed study groups
• progress reports every three weeks
• introduction of all modern team and individual sports
• full implementation of the phenoma competition
• Core curriculum of fundamental subjects.
• English taught in ability groups.
• A non-linguistic subject (Geography) in English.
• Introduction of Latin in Year 7 and of Greek in Year 8.
• Continued study of German.
• Monthly student reports.
• Optional extra-curricular activities after school (extended day).
Please contact us for any questions and inquiries you might have: