About E.M.I.G. International Alpine School
E.M.I.G. school is nestled in the charming village of Gryon, in the heart of the Waldesian Alpes in Switzerland, at an altitude of 1250 meters; it provides a healthy and secure environment, an exceptional setting and a beautiful landscape.
The school is composed of three traditional wooden chalets-style pavilions. Children can thrive in this comfortable, homey and warm environment.
The chalets are composed of many different rooms designed for classes, studies and games/activities. There is also a pool in the school and ski slopes nearby.
The boarding school has comfortable sleeping rooms that can each accommodate 2 to 6 children.
Maria Montessori (1870-1952) graduated from Medical school in 1896 and was the first female physician in Italy. She devoted her life to the advancement of education for children of all ages.
The Montessori Method is based on the scientific findings and observations of Maria Montessori and is designed to support the development of the human individual exposing the full potential of the children.
Led by Mr. and Ms. Mansour, our team will provide your children round the clock support and is composed of certified and qualified teachers, dedicated counselors, caring coaches and experienced language teachers. They are backed by a competent administrative and facility management crew.
Our team organizes your children’s studies and actively insures that games and activities run smoothly. Medical follow-ups are provided by general physicians and specialized doctors of the area.
To insure a warm and family-like climate as well as the best quality teaching for your children, the school only accommodates a limited number of students.
Below are the three main concepts of the EMIG School:
- Classes with children of different ages;
- Didactic material specifically adapted to their needs;
- Didactic material designed to help them discover on their own the basic notions of our culture (writing, reading, mathematics, biology, geography ...).
The aim of our educational pedagogy is to nurture all the qualities that will allow the children to build their life as future adults. To have a “successful” life, one must have faith in oneself. It is this faith that will teach children the notion of respect.
To reach this purpose, the school provides, in an environment specially adapted to the child’s size:
- An education based on the importance of observation, refining the 5 senses, socializing, enjoying working on developing the personality and the intelligence;
- Teachers especially trained to recognize the specific needs of every child and respond to them appropriately;
- A teaching method that is tailored and adapted to groups that do not exceed 10 students. It is respectful of the physical autonomy and the psychological independence of the children.
Please contact us for any questions and inquiries you might have: